- This event has passed.
Reclaim + Sustain: A Food And Farm Weekend
September 9, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Reclaim + Sustain: A Food and Farm Weekend
On Saturday, September 9th 12-7pm at Thomas Dunn Learning Center (3113 Gasconade St. 63118), Solidarity Economy St. Louis is hosting RECLAIM + SUSTAIN: A FOOD AND FARM WEEKEND. So far, we have ten amazing workshop presenters who will share how we can reclaim and sustain our relationship to food and the earth. We are bringing people together around the belief that everyone should have access to healthy, affordable, and locally-sourced food. We’re looking for people who want to transform our food system from the ground up–farmers, gardeners, business owners, chefs, holistic healers, educators, artists, community organizers, and anyone else who wants to be part of a food justice movement. We will experience hands-on learning about growing food, permaculture, herbal teas, juicing, food preservation, healthy eating, fitness,
sexuality and nutrition, and more. Will you join us?
On September 9th, at 4:00 PM, The Minister of Wellness – Nathaniel Jordan, will deliver a powerful message concerning one of the primary causes behind the diseases ravaging our nation – The Standard American Diet (SAD). During this informational and motivational lecture you will learn:
- How our modern way of eating in this nation has sparked the biggest cancer and heart disease epidemics in world HISTORY. Also, how the Standard American Diet contributes to mental disorders.
- Why the SAD has so efficiently created a nation of epidemic obesity.
- The different components of the SAD, and how each one perpetuates diseases & obesity.
- How to eat a nutrient-dense, plant-RICH diet – aka The Nutritarian Diet.
- How eating a Nutritarian diet-style can insure you attain and MAINTAIN a lean healthy weight, and it’s potential to prevent and reverse disease.
- How the Standard American Diet has been INTENTIONALLY designed to create psychological and physiological food addiction
- About the mind-altering drugs which have been put into processed foods to insure LIFETIME addiction.
- Why it seems some people would rather DIE than stop eating their favorite junk food.
- Why success in other areas of life does not transfer over into overcoming food addiction
- How to distinguish between TRUE hunger vs. TOXIC hunger